RESA (Real Estate Staging Professionals) have found that staged homes spend 78% less time on the market than un-staged homes.
According to a RESA study, 174 homes were sitting idle in the market for 156 days. When the sellers hired staging professionals, those same homes sold in 42 days.
Professional home stagers can objectively identify your home’s strengths and weakness and will know how to enhance the positive attributes and minimize any flaws. They are trained to see with “buyer’s eyes” and know how to create spaces that will appeal to the buyers in your market.
According to Home Gain homeowners on average had a 196% return on investment for staging their home.
- The cost to stage a home is always less than the first price reduction when your home does not sell.
- Real estate agents know staging works and prefer to show staged homes rather than un-staged ones.
- Most buyers can’t visualize an un-staged home’s potential for them.
- Buyers usually know within 15-30 seconds if a home will make their “short list.” If the buyer isn’t immediately impressed when they see pictures online or when they walk in the door.
- The longer your home is on the market, the lower the price will be. According to the National Association of Realtors, homes that sold after 4 weeks on the market sold for 6% less than ones within the first 4 weeks.